you will watch the video Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Search YouTube in your browser (internet) and look up the version of the video that has a total runtime of 1 hour 38 minutes and the publisher of the content is maxavail. You will then complete a 2-3 page paper following the questions below as your writing prompts.
This will be a Microsoft Word (no other formats will be accepted) opinion paper . , APA Style citations and format (you will lose points if it is not in APA style).
Topic Introduction and Questions:
You will write a response to the video (Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed) and the idea of this debate as it relates to concepts (social variables, etc.) from PSY 2013.
The popular academic opinion is that it is no longer debatable that we, humanity and existence in general, came from unguided processes that only appear to be uniform and systematic in their design and function. Essentially, we are not designed with any thought or Thinker behind our design. To paraphrase, all is randomness and randomness put the pieces together over time in ways that only appear intricate and ordered. However, when we look beyond the books of famous speakers and investigate the research based literature of several scientific research fields, Cellular Biology, Physics, and Medicine; there seem to be questions that the modern narrative, from seemingly nothing, seemingly everything, cannot account for with clarity and a holistic; satisfying scientific explanation.
Intelligent Design (ID) is a body of research that seeks to question the popular belief that the origins of what we see around us were the result of, “everything from nothing “. ID is not primarily tied to any religious belief system, Jewish, Christian, Islam, etc., but does state that a creator of humans and existence is a possibility. ID researchers would propose that the data exists and is mounting that supports the idea that the complex systems of Biology including, but not limited to, the human body are built in a way that would make it necessary to have a creator of these systems and substructures as we observe them.
Questions (only write about those which apply to your opinion, regarding question 3 and 4):
1) What is the main point of the video? What is the narrator trying to argue or question? Do you think he (Ben Stein) captures the argument of the opposing viewpoint (Anti or Non-ID) in a way that they would say is accurate? Why or Why not?
2) What do you think? Is the debate (intelligent design vs. non-intelligent design) settled or does this relatively new field present the opportunity to ask and answer potentially fascinating questions regarding the understanding of our development as humans?
3) (Only answer if it applies to your opinion) If you do think the debate (intelligent design vs. non-intelligent design) is settled, Why? Do you think there are any biases (assumptions) at work to skew the argument? Do you think some social psychological concepts like obedience to authority and conformity are present in this view? Do you think the speakers (either side) are likely to engage in concepts like selective avoidance and selective exposure?
4) (Only answer if it applies to your opinion) If you don’t think the debate (intelligent design vs. non-intelligent design) is settled, Why? Do you think there are any biases (assumptions) at work to skew the argument? Do you think some social psychological concepts like obedience to authority and conformity are present in this view? Do you think the speakers (either side) are likely to engage in selective avoidance and selective exposure?
5) If you could interview the main narrator (his name is Ben), what are some questions or thoughts you would ask or share with him? Why?
6) Do you think there are still relevant questions that aren’t being asked, in regards to the topic, in higher academia? Why or why not?
At your leisure, here are further arguments from both sides:
ID proponents: http://www.ncseexposed.org/
Anti or Non-ID proponents: http://www.expelledexposed.com/
Posted: A Month AgoDue: 29/04/2018
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.