This is what I have done at my internship. This can help with the reference letter. I have also attached a document of my internship log what I have done each day
BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL
Patient Registrar in Radiation Oncology/Proton Therapy Internship 01/2018-03/2018
· Performs a variety of clerical tasks to process patients for their radiation appointments.
· Interviews and registers patients and compassionately interacting with patients and their families.
· See patients in clients in clinic who are candidates for radiation therapy. Talk with psychiatrists about how to deal with patients and their thoughts and different techniques to relax.
· Learn new treatments to help patients. Interacted with families who needed assistance with places to stay while their loved one are in the hospital.
· Proficient on the hospital registration and multiple ancillary computer systems. Registers, verifies insurance, checks insurance eligibility, scans and retrieves documents in Soarian, Aria, and Outlook.
· Meeting and working with social workers because they play an important role in meeting the overall goals of the multidisciplinary oncology team caring for cancer patients and their families. Social workers help bridge the gap between high-level medical care and the patient’s every day, practical human needs. Social workers attend to the psychosocial support of patients and their families.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.